Welcome to the Front Page!
2022-07-25 - Mandatory Beach Episode
This month hasn't been particularily active. Part of the reason is that well... I went on vacation with my boyfriend and his family! Went swimming at the beach, got some new clothes from the stores around the place we've been staying at, and just overall relaxing and taking our minds off all the worries. Also, I've been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team recently, which is actually pretty neat.
Have a picture of me making some jams during the vacation:
I think the hoodie is pretty cute! I did also get some new clothes and a pair of bracelets. The bracelets are nice but I can't wear them too often 'cause they get in the way when using a computer >.> You can see the bracelets here:
My Miyoo Mini got quite a lot of use during the vacation, though I mainly played beatmania games on it during that time. Here's me playing some beatmania BEST HITS on my way back home:
Enough blogging though :P What about the website? Well, recently I've had the pleasure to participate as an artist for Kudomu Shirome's ゆるゆる Phase 15 BMS Package. You should definitely check the package out! If you're not willing to check out the package (you really should), the individual download for my entry can be found on My BMS page, and a FLAC/OGG version you can listen to outside of a BMS client can be found over here.
Yeah, I know, it's not much of an update, but it's something. Also now you know what I look like :P
Anyways, I hope you're doing well, don't let the sun obliterate you, wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water! Ciao!
2022-06-11 - Get a Late Pass!
Well, this is embarassing...
So, I have planned to do a whole redesign of the website, but never ended up doing it. My thoughts were that well... I wouldn't bother updating the site until the redesign was done, to save me from having to rebuild every page. As you can see, that did not happen. Also, doesn't help that I've been dealing with anxiety, which has been quite paralyzing when it comes to making anything or talking to people. Since there's no point in dawdling any longer, I've decided to do a few updates here and there, gonna list them here:
- isocosa's BMS works now displays songs in a grid if your display's big enough. No more wasted space!
- Added a new song, Motion Modifier, to My Music page
- Added 2 artworks I made during the time of no updates to My Art page.
- Added Super Custom Online Flashcards! to My Games page.
As for what I was doing when I wasn't updating this site? Well, I've played way too much Risk of Rain 2, the game's hella addictive. Also, I've been working on a game with my boyfriend, but it's still quite early in progress! Hopefully I can dig myself out of this rut and do more stuff (I do want to, believe me), but we'll see.
2022-01-20 - Right Here, Right Now
Oh, this is a big update! If you've been following me on Twitter, you've already got a glimpse of what this update has to offer. The amount of changes is rather massive, so let's list them out:
- The Music page has been completely reworked and improved. The song list is now categorized and a lot prettier. Also, every song has its own page now, which contains information about the song, download links and a music player!
- I've released the Lucy and the Gem Dungeon OST! Apparently people really enjoyed the music I made for that game, so now you don't have to launch the game anymore to listen to it.
- I have become a Neocities supporter, which means that all the files are now hosted on Neocities! I didn't enjoy relying on Google Drive to host the files on this website, so I'm happy with this. Also, this makes the music player on the music pages possible. Hopefully this won't affect download speeds much.
- The menu bar has been reworked. This is to reduce the chances of a scrollbar appearing (apparently some users didn't know they could scroll it). However, if the scrollbar on the menu appears, it'll be more noticeable on compatible browsers now thanks to custom styling.
- Page title scheme has been changed to make it appear nicer in every context. Turns out the website's name should come AFTER the current page's title.
- Various other small tweaks to the layout.
This update had a little slip up, apparently files bigger than 100MB aren't supported, and also filenames shouldn't have spaces in them, but it should be all fine now.
Hope this new year has been treating you well so far! ^^
2021-12-21 - Time Travel Gone Astray
Well, four months without update! Well, I've been demotivated and been struggling with lack of confidence again, so I just didn't make anything in the past four months (well... apart from a game for a game jam). Sorry about that!
Anyways, this is a rather big update, so let's go through it:
- New section: My Art! Yeah, I've finally decided to put up most of my art onto my site! I got inspired to do it after going to an art museum, so here it is! Yes, every artwork has its own page, usually full of information and showcasing variations and workstages. You might wonder why I didn't do that to my music, and well... the reason is that I would find it a lot more difficult to do it with music due to my relationship to it. I might one day make detailed articles on specific tracks I've worked on, as I do plan to write some articles and put them up on this site. However, I don't know when I'll get around to it, so don't hold your breath!
- Another new section: My Games! Well, so far there's only one game there, Lucy and the Gem Dungeon, which I made for the GBJAM 9 game jam. Yeah, it is a Game Boy game, though it didn't have to be. Yes, it has pretty good music, at least according to people voting, as it got high rankings in the audio department. I do plan to make more games at some point, since I used to play around with game maker type software a lot as a child, so why not come back to that hobby too?
- My new absolutely cute bunny avatar replaces my old avatar on the About Me page, along with making it the default icon for embed cards for pages that don't have their own icon. Oh yeah, you can also see the avatar in all its glory and detail on its artwork page!
- When it comes to BMS, I had a sabun for Which do you like MINIMAL or TECHNO laying around on my hard drive for quite a while, so I've decided to finally post it on this site. You can check it out on the BMS Sabun Page!
Anyways, it's gonna be Christmas soon, so I really wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2022 will be a better year than this one!
Oh, and yes, the title of this update is a Freezepop reference. I really like Freezepop, what else can I say?
2021-08-08 - Remixed Extended Gained Linked
Another month, another update!
So, BE-MUSIC Special Selection 2020 was recently released, and I have contributed an extended version of Distance Fields and a remix of Kudomu Shirome's Leucochloridium to it. You can check them out by grabbing BMSS2020, or alternatively you can download the non-compilation masters (the versions included in the compilation were mastered to match other included tracks) from my music page.
In other news, my setup has gained an update! The M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 has been replaced with a Novation Launchkey 37 MK3. Check it out (Click for bigger size!):
It's quite a powerful MIDI controller, it has knobs, pads, wheels and (obviously) keys, and a lot of really cool functions which seem to be geared towards jamming and improv, such as snapping played notes to specified key and scale, and a complex arpeggiator that can be tweaked to generate new melodic patterns. You can customize the knobs and the pads to your liking, so I made a preset that lets me use the drumpads with LMMS more reliably. However, it was mainly designed with Ableton in mind, so I'm missing out on some features designed specifically for that DAW. It does come bundled with a cut down version of Ableton (along with some other software), so I could potentially check that out.
I have taken it for a test drive by doing a small jam session. It actually works great for that, though I do lack the skills to do it well. It was definitely fun to play around with it! I still have to figure out how to incorporate it fully into my workflow so that it can be used to the fullest extent.
The last part of the update is updating the links page with a few updated descriptions and a link to Kudomu Shirome's website.
2021-07-20 - Elevator Action
I am indeed finally living with my boyfriend! It's really nice here! Didn't expect it to work out considering the luck I've had in the past, but it actually did! Most of the time we've been cleaning up and preparing my room, which involved getting and building some furniture and moving things stored in the room somewhere else. Most of it has been done, so I finally have my own room with a really nice setup, which you can see here (click if for a bigger size!):
Yes, the giant MIDI keyboard is fully functional! And yes, this is the first time I put up a photo on this site. Things are changing quite a lot, aren't they? Things are getting better for me and I'm happy about that! I've also got some new nicer clothes I feel more comfortable in, so that is definitely a plus! I believe things can only get better from now on now that I am living here. However, I've still got plenty of work to do, one step at a time. There's no rush.
As for new content, I've finally made a proper full-length tune that's not tied to a BMS, and it's called Starlight Elevator! It's a really nice and moody blend of disco and ambient music which will make you feel as if you're watching the stars from an elevator rising to the sky! Make sure to check it out on my Music page! At one point I might make a BMS edit of it, but that remains to be seen.
2021-06-20 - Small Moves
Well, I planned to update the site last month but that didn't happen! Well, there's two reasons. First of all, I'm preparing to move out of my current country to live with my boyfriend, so we've been discussing and planning it all out and it's obviously stressing me out quite a bit, even if the end result will most likely be worth it.
The other part is a bit silly, but I've released a BMS semi-anonymously for the 2HDBMS event, so I waited until the event was over to put up my songs here on this site. Since the event has concluded, the songs are now up on my BMS songs page, so make sure to grab them! Oh yeah, the gimmick of the event was to make a BMS that would fit on a floppy drive when zipped. Pretty cool concept, and I think I did a good job with my tracks!
And yes, rectangle girl is only available in BMS form due to how it was made (most of the track was composed directly in the BMS editor). However, CYLENE STAR -STAGE 1: ZERO CITY- was made the way I usually make my music, so you can get the OGG or FLAC version of it here!
As for the website itself, I have fixed the date formats so now they're consistent on all pages (no idea how I messed that up, but it's fixed now), and I also made the difficulty level displays on the BMS pages a lot nicer when dealing with multiple difficulty sets that don't have the same amount of charts in them.
2021-04-20 - RAVE TILL U DROP THEN RAVE SOME MORE
Good news! take-a-nobu is back with an absolutely relentless rave track! If you think you are ready to experience the EGORAVE, just click this link!
I've also took the liberty to fix the dates on the Other Music BMS page since they were in the wrong format. Oops!
2021-03-09 - Oops, I forgot!
2021-02-28 - Going Backwards
Eh, I don't think I can make good music anymore. Made a thing for PABAT 2021 and it wasn't good, so I didn't submit it. My hands hurt. Whatever. The BMS is here. Maybe you'll enjoy it, but probably not.
As for me, I'm thinking of retiring from making music considering that I can't make good music anymore. I really wish this wasn't the case, and that I had went out with something better, but oh well... Such is life.