All The Updates (So Far)
2022-01-20 - Right Here, Right Now
Oh, this is a big update! If you've been following me on Twitter, you've already got a glimpse of what this update has to offer. The amount of changes is rather massive, so let's list them out:
- The Music page has been completely reworked and improved. The song list is now categorized and a lot prettier. Also, every song has its own page now, which contains information about the song, download links and a music player!
- I've released the Lucy and the Gem Dungeon OST! Apparently people really enjoyed the music I made for that game, so now you don't have to launch the game anymore to listen to it.
- I have become a Neocities supporter, which means that all the files are now hosted on Neocities! I didn't enjoy relying on Google Drive to host the files on this website, so I'm happy with this. Also, this makes the music player on the music pages possible. Hopefully this won't affect download speeds much.
- The menu bar has been reworked. This is to reduce the chances of a scrollbar appearing (apparently some users didn't know they could scroll it). However, if the scrollbar on the menu appears, it'll be more noticeable on compatible browsers now thanks to custom styling.
- Page title scheme has been changed to make it appear nicer in every context. Turns out the website's name should come AFTER the current page's title.
- Various other small tweaks to the layout.
This update had a little slip up, apparently files bigger than 100MB aren't supported, and also filenames shouldn't have spaces in them, but it should be all fine now.
Hope this new year has been treating you well so far! ^^
2021-12-21 - Time Travel Gone Astray
Well, four months without update! Well, I've been demotivated and been struggling with lack of confidence again, so I just didn't make anything in the past four months (well... apart from a game for a game jam). Sorry about that!
Anyways, this is a rather big update, so let's go through it:
- New section: My Art! Yeah, I've finally decided to put up most of my art onto my site! I got inspired to do it after going to an art museum, so here it is! Yes, every artwork has its own page, usually full of information and showcasing variations and workstages. You might wonder why I didn't do that to my music, and well... the reason is that I would find it a lot more difficult to do it with music due to my relationship to it. I might one day make detailed articles on specific tracks I've worked on, as I do plan to write some articles and put them up on this site. However, I don't know when I'll get around to it, so don't hold your breath!
- Another new section: My Games! Well, so far there's only one game there, Lucy and the Gem Dungeon, which I made for the GBJAM 9 game jam. Yeah, it is a Game Boy game, though it didn't have to be. Yes, it has pretty good music, at least according to people voting, as it got high rankings in the audio department. I do plan to make more games at some point, since I used to play around with game maker type software a lot as a child, so why not come back to that hobby too?
- My new absolutely cute bunny avatar replaces my old avatar on the About Me page, along with making it the default icon for embed cards for pages that don't have their own icon. Oh yeah, you can also see the avatar in all its glory and detail on its artwork page!
- When it comes to BMS, I had a sabun for Which do you like MINIMAL or TECHNO laying around on my hard drive for quite a while, so I've decided to finally post it on this site. You can check it out on the BMS Sabun Page!
Anyways, it's gonna be Christmas soon, so I really wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2022 will be a better year than this one!
Oh, and yes, the title of this update is a Freezepop reference. I really like Freezepop, what else can I say?
2021-08-08 - Remixed Extended Gained Linked
Another month, another update!
So, BE-MUSIC Special Selection 2020 was recently released, and I have contributed an extended version of Distance Fields and a remix of Kudomu Shirome's Leucochloridium to it. You can check them out by grabbing BMSS2020, or alternatively you can download the non-compilation masters (the versions included in the compilation were mastered to match other included tracks) from my music page.
In other news, my setup has gained an update! The M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 has been replaced with a Novation Launchkey 37 MK3. Check it out (Click for bigger size!):
It's quite a powerful MIDI controller, it has knobs, pads, wheels and (obviously) keys, and a lot of really cool functions which seem to be geared towards jamming and improv, such as snapping played notes to specified key and scale, and a complex arpeggiator that can be tweaked to generate new melodic patterns. You can customize the knobs and the pads to your liking, so I made a preset that lets me use the drumpads with LMMS more reliably. However, it was mainly designed with Ableton in mind, so I'm missing out on some features designed specifically for that DAW. It does come bundled with a cut down version of Ableton (along with some other software), so I could potentially check that out.
I have taken it for a test drive by doing a small jam session. It actually works great for that, though I do lack the skills to do it well. It was definitely fun to play around with it! I still have to figure out how to incorporate it fully into my workflow so that it can be used to the fullest extent.
The last part of the update is updating the links page with a few updated descriptions and a link to Kudomu Shirome's website.
2021-07-20 - Elevator Action
I am indeed finally living with my boyfriend! It's really nice here! Didn't expect it to work out considering the luck I've had in the past, but it actually did! Most of the time we've been cleaning up and preparing my room, which involved getting and building some furniture and moving things stored in the room somewhere else. Most of it has been done, so I finally have my own room with a really nice setup, which you can see here (click if for a bigger size!):
Yes, the giant MIDI keyboard is fully functional! And yes, this is the first time I put up a photo on this site. Things are changing quite a lot, aren't they? Things are getting better for me and I'm happy about that! I've also got some new nicer clothes I feel more comfortable in, so that is definitely a plus! I believe things can only get better from now on now that I am living here. However, I've still got plenty of work to do, one step at a time. There's no rush.
As for new content, I've finally made a proper full-length tune that's not tied to a BMS, and it's called Starlight Elevator! It's a really nice and moody blend of disco and ambient music which will make you feel as if you're watching the stars from an elevator rising to the sky! Make sure to check it out on my Music page! At one point I might make a BMS edit of it, but that remains to be seen.
2021-06-20 - Small Moves
Well, I planned to update the site last month but that didn't happen! Well, there's two reasons. First of all, I'm preparing to move out of my current country to live with my boyfriend, so we've been discussing and planning it all out and it's obviously stressing me out quite a bit, even if the end result will most likely be worth it.
The other part is a bit silly, but I've released a BMS semi-anonymously for the 2HDBMS event, so I waited until the event was over to put up my songs here on this site. Since the event has concluded, the songs are now up on my BMS songs page, so make sure to grab them! Oh yeah, the gimmick of the event was to make a BMS that would fit on a floppy drive when zipped. Pretty cool concept, and I think I did a good job with my tracks!
And yes, rectangle girl is only available in BMS form due to how it was made (most of the track was composed directly in the BMS editor). However, CYLENE STAR -STAGE 1: ZERO CITY- was made the way I usually make my music, so you can get the OGG or FLAC version of it here!
As for the website itself, I have fixed the date formats so now they're consistent on all pages (no idea how I messed that up, but it's fixed now), and I also made the difficulty level displays on the BMS pages a lot nicer when dealing with multiple difficulty sets that don't have the same amount of charts in them.
2021-04-20 - RAVE TILL U DROP THEN RAVE SOME MORE
Good news! take-a-nobu is back with an absolutely relentless rave track! If you think you are ready to experience the EGORAVE, just click this link!
I've also took the liberty to fix the dates on the Other Music BMS page since they were in the wrong format. Oops!
2021-03-09 - Oops, I forgot!
2021-02-28 - Going Backwards
Eh, I don't think I can make good music anymore. Made a thing for PABAT 2021 and it wasn't good, so I didn't submit it. My hands hurt. Whatever. The BMS is here. Maybe you'll enjoy it, but probably not.
As for me, I'm thinking of retiring from making music considering that I can't make good music anymore. I really wish this wasn't the case, and that I had went out with something better, but oh well... Such is life.
2021-01-10 - What a Year, Another Year
Long time no update! What happened? Well, first of all I've got a job now. Second of all I've not been feeling confident in myself and have been struggling with personal problems, and still am. However, I've decided to finally update the site. And these are the updates:
- First of all, rewrote the first part of the About Me section to be more personal and have more personality. This is actually the biggest reason why this update took so long! I've struggled so hard with writing something nice about myself there... I have a hard time with myself and it's awkward... But I did it! You can see it for yourself! I do plan to rewrite the whole thing sooner or later, but that'll require my life to change dramatically for the better. Might happen, might not, we'll see. I'm not holding my breath though.
- New music? Yes! I've took part in THE BMS OF FIGHTERS XVI, made a team, keysounded songs for my teammates and a friend of mine who made a team too. Was pretty interesting but we got there in the end. So far from the BMSes I've worked on during this period I only put up Booboo Bounce! as I'll need permission from the other team members and my friend from another team to see if I could put up their songs in the Other Music tab.
- Speaking of Other Music... take-a-nobu hit me up with a request to keysound xyr track, so I did it. Check it out! But remember: Life is unfair!
- And yes, if you've checked the BMS pages, I've added content warnings! So far I've added one for data harm for strobe-heavy visuals and one for FASTHARDSAMPLE!!! as it has imagery that could be triggering to some.
- Added a C64 Chiptune I did for the Gubbdata 2020 demoparty and Booboo Bounce! to the music section of the site. Enjoy!
Oh yeah, one more thing: Been playing some DJMAX RESPECT V recently after getting it for myself on Xmas. Really fun rhythm game with some seriously good music! I recommend checking out The Feelings by Supbaby, lost n' found by bermei.inazawa and Lost Temple by IMLAY. Some really good stuff there! However, the song that got most playtime out of me so far is Do it by HouseRulez which is just simply an amazing feel-good house track.
2020-06-13 - Fox on Fire
Decided to fix some layout bugs that would appear for people browsing this site in Firefox.
2020-05-14 - Keepin' Promises
I promised to a friend of mine that I was gonna make 5-key charts for their tracks that I've turned into BMSes a while back, so here I am fulfilling that promise. Better late than never, eh? Go ahead and grab 'em here!
2020-03-03 - Party like it's 2020
2020-01-28 - Positive Contact
Decided to split contact info from my about me page and put it under its own page. This should make it easier for people to find my contact information. I did it because I have opened up an E-Mail account people can send their messages to.
Oh, and I fixed the 404 page, because in certain cases it wouldn't work.
2020-01-13 - PC LOAD ERROR?
Last week, my PC's PSU decided to call it quits, but now it's all fixed. During the time my PC was broken, I was sitting on a laptop with a C64 emulator on it, making some SID tunes because I had nothing better to do. Now that my PC is fixed, I got to finally release data harm, the continuation of data lake for the Be-Music West II event.
2020-01-05 - Long-Distance Collaboration
This update doesn't have much to do with this website. Instead, this update is about promoting something that I've contributed to: BE-MUSIC SPECIAL SELECTION 2018!
Basically, it's a compilation of best BMS tracks from 2018 made by a friend of mine (Hyparpax), and yes, it does include works by me. I'm also responsible for the artwork for the project, along with two tracks made specifically for this compilation: a long version of Full Color FM and a remix of dj spine's MINUS MAKES MUSIC.
If you don't feel like checking out the compilation for any reason, you can also get the non-compilation masters (the compilation masters sound significantly different to fit in with the rest of the compilation) of the tracks on My Music page.
2019-12-18 - Rhythm and Style
This update is quite significant! Why? Many people asked me where they could download my music in non-BMS format, so I decided to finally make the music section!
Also, added some tweaks to the layout: expanded the width in low-res layout and added an indicator to the menu, so that in case you're on mobile, you'll know it's scrollable.
2019-12-16 - More Tweaks and New Beats
This one is quite simple, I added a new BMS track and added some metadata to each page so the website looks nicer when you link it on any social media site/platform that supports such metadata (such as Discord and Twitter).
Sure, it's not much, but it's nice!
2019-11-03 - A Friendly Update
This update is rather small, but if you want more BMS tracks to play, then you're definitely lucky! I've made BMSes out of tracks a friend of mine did (with permission and per request, of course) a while back. They've asked me if I could put them up on my site and I was like heck yeah! So hey, check 'em out! And yes, their soundcloud is linked on the page, and you should check it out too!
And yeah, if you made a track and want it to be a BMS, feel free to get in touch! I've got quite a lot of experience in turning stems into playable BMS, and I wouldn't mind putting it into more use.
2019-10-25 - Grand Opening!
I have finally opened the site! This also means the release of a new (kinda?) BMS song along with an alpha version of a new Full HD Skin for beatoraja!
Of course, this is only the beginning and the website will keep getting updated as I make more content! Took me a while, but the website is finally here. Stay tuned for more content, and of course, have a great day!